Miami routs Pepperdine 86-63Jan 4, 2010 - 2:14 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- James Dews scored 21 points and sank five 3-pointers to lead Miami to its sixth straight win, an 86-63 victory over Pepperdine on Sunday.
The Hurricanes (14-1) never trailed and used a double-digit scoring run in both halves to pull away in their first visit to Pepperdine (4-12) since December 1969.
Adrian Thomas, who scored 15 points on a career-high five 3-pointers off the bench, began and ended a 10-0 run with 3-pointers to help Miami to a 21-10 lead with 12 minutes to go in the first half. The Hurricanes led 45-36 at halftime.
Dews ignited a 12-0 run in the second half with a 3-pointer that pushed Miami's lead to 68-46 with less than 11 minutes to play.
Pepperdine's Keion Bell scored a game-high 22 points.
Miami, which has won 21 consecutive nonconference regular-season games, made 13 3-pointers and shot 53 percent from the field overall.
- Australian Vasiljevic signs to play basketball for Miami Apr 13
- Miami Hurricanes sophomore James Palmer decides to transfer Mar 28
- Miami falls to 0-3 in Sweet 16, routed 92-69 by Villanova Mar 25
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Miami plays Villanova with chance at 1st Elite 8 berth Mar 21
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Fast-paced game expected in Miami, Buffalo matchup Mar 16
- Larranaga hopes Miami can recapture George Mason's magic Mar 8
- Larranaga optimistic No. 7 Hurricanes will finish strong Feb 29
- Miami's Newton suspended 3 games for violating team rules Feb 27
- No. 11 Hurricanes to face 4 ranked teams in 12 days Feb 18
- 7-foot Tonye Jekiri a big reason for Hurricanes' success Feb 11