Closing run pushes Indiana State past Drake 60-46Jan 4, 2010 - 2:10 AM DES MOINES, Iowa(AP) -- Harry Marshall scored 15 points and Indiana State closed the game on a 21-4 run to beat Drake 60-46 Sunday night.
The Sycamores (10-4, 2-1 Missouri Valley) got 12 points from Dwayne Lathan and 11 from Rashad Reed.
The Bulldogs (5-10, 0-3), who lost their fifth in a row, were led by Aaron Hawley and Josh Young, who scored nine each.
After Ryan Wedel gave Drake a 42-39 edge with 8:52 left, Indiana State took the lead for the first time since the opening minutes on back-to-back 3-pointers by Jordan Printy and Reed. Carl Richard completed the 8-0 spurt with 6:50 left to give the Sycamores a 47-42 advantage.
Drake mustered nothing thereafter except one basket apiece by Hawley and Young.
The Bulldogs led 26-19 after a first half in which the teams combined to shoot 32.8 percent (19 of 58). Indiana State finished at 44.4, Drake at 35.2.
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25