Drexel tops Georgia state 72-57, snaps 3-game skidJan 5, 2010 - 2:35 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Jamie Harris scored a career-high 32 points to lead Drexel to a 72-57 victory over Georgia State on Monday night, snapping the Dragons' three-game skid.
Drexel (7-8, 2-1 Colonial Athletic Association) shot 68 percent in the first half (17-for-25) to lead 44-27 at halftime.
Harris scored 21 points in the first half and finished 12-for-19 from the field and 7-for-8 from the free throw line.
The Dragons cooled off in the second half, shooting 27.3 percent (6-for-22), but Georgia State could get no closer than 53-41 with 9:38 remaining.
Trae Goldston scored 15 points to lead the Panthers (8-7, 2-1), who saw their three-game winning streak end.
Georgia State shot 38.5 percent from the field (20-for-52), but was 7-for-9 from 3-point range.
Drexel scored 21 points off 11 Georgia State turnovers while the Panthers scored only two points on eight Dragons miscues.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8