Sherman leads Kent State past Norfolk State 84-66Jan 5, 2010 - 3:26 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Rodriquez Sherman scored 16 points to lead four other Kent State players in double figures in an 84-66 win over Norfolk State on Monday night.
Justin Greene and Tyree Evans each scored 14 points for the Golden Flashes (9-5), who have won four of their last five games. Randal Holt had 12 points and Anthony Simpson added 11.
Kent State, which trailed 27-26 in the first half, used a 13-2 run that was capped by Simpson's 3-pointer to give the Golden Flashes a 39-29 lead just before halftime. Kent State hit three 3-pointers during the run.
The Spartans (1-11), which held an 11-point lead in the first half, struggled in the second half by shooting 35.1 percent from the floor as they were unable to pull closer than seven points.
Christian Morris led Norfolk State with 19 points, Michael Deloach had 16 and Rob Hampton added 10 points and six assists.
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1