Alabama beats Toledo 67-50Jan 5, 2010 - 2:21 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Mikhail Torrance scored 19 points to lead Alabama over Toledo 67-50 on Monday night for the Crimson Tide's third straight win.
Justin Knox added 14 points and JaMychal Green had 12 for the Crimson Tide (10-4), who have put together a three-game winning streak for the third time this season. It was the last non-conference game for Crimson Tide, who open their Southeastern Conference schedule on Saturday at LSU.
Alabama never trailed, opened the game on a 24-11 run and never looked back. The Crimson Tide led by 15 points at halftime and outscored Toledo 33-31 to seal it in the second frame.
The Crimson Tide were 6-for-14 from beyond the arc (42.9 percent), as Torrance and Anthony Brock hit two 3-pointers apiece. The Rockets (3-11) were just 2-for-12 from long range (16.7 percent).
Jake Barnett scored 13 points to lead the Rockets, who have dropped four straight.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Avery Johnson stirring up excitement before Alabama debut Oct 29
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1