N.C.-Asheville 62, High Point 66Jan 5, 2010 - 2:53 AM HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) -- Eugene Harris scored 15 points on five 3-pointers to lead High Point to a 66-62 win over UNC-Asheville on Monday night for its third win in a row.
Harris, the Big South Conference's active leader with 246 3-pointers, was 5-for-10 from behind the arc. Nick Barbour added 14 points and Tehran Cox had 10. Cruz Daniels, who has averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds in the past four games, had 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Flames (7-6, 3-1 Big South Conference).
The Flames improved to 6-0 at home this season despite committing 24 turnovers.
J.P. Primm and John Williams scored 14 points each for the Bulldogs (3-10, 1-2) who lost their fourth straight. D.J. Cunningham added 13 points and 12 rebounds for UNC-Asheville.
The Bulldogs scored 48 points in the paint to keep it close.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 62
HIGH POINT 66 FINAL
Jan 4 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 27
HIGH POINT 32 HALFTIME
Jan 4 8:00 PM
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15