Griffin leads Dartmouth past Bucknell 49-43Jan 5, 2010 - 2:55 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- R.J. Griffin scored 16 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Dartmouth to a 49-43 win over Bucknell on Monday night.
Griffin, who shot 5 of 8 from the floor and 4 of 5 from beyond the arc, was the only player to score in double figures for the Big Green (3-10), who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dartmouth's defense held the Bison (5-11) to 30.6 percent (15 of 49) shooting from the field for the game. The Big Green also turned 15 turnovers by Bucknell into 16 points.
Bucknell scored seven straight points to cut Dartmouth's lead to 45-41 with 4:39 left in the game.
But the Bison missed their final five shots and turned the ball over twice in the final minutes, failing to take advantage of three Dartmouth turnovers.
G.W. Boon came off the bench to lead Bucknell with 12 points and a game-high nine rebounds. Patrick Behan finished with 10 points.
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- No. 12 Missouri holds off upset-minded Bucknell Jan 5
- Bucknell seeks upset of No. 12 Missouri Jan 5