Columbia Union 60, Winston-Salem 94Jan 5, 2010 - 3:53 AM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) -- Paul Davis scored 15 points to lead five Winston-Salem State players in double figures as the Rams routed Washington Adventist 94-60 on Monday night.
Winston-Salem State (3-8) snapped a four-game losing streak with the win over the Shock (2-9).
Washington Adventist, a Division II school that went by the name Columbia Union College until last November, shot 16.7 percent in the first half (6-for-36) and 27.7 percent for the game (18-for-65).
The Rams shot 41.2 percent (14-for-34) in the first half to lead 38-19 at halftime and would not let the Shock get closer than 17 points in the second half.
Bryan Fisher added 12 points and Marcus Wells, Andrew Jackson and Stephon Platt scored 10 points apiece for Winston-Salem State, which is 9-0 all-time vs. the Shock.
Khalid Martin scored 13 points to lead Washington Adventist, which has lost nine of its last 10 games.
- NCAA BB
COLUMBIA UNION 60
WINSTON SALEM 94 FINAL
Jan 4 9:46 PM
- NCAA BB
COLUMBIA UNION 19
WINSTON SALEM 38 HALFTIME
Jan 4 8:28 PM
- Winston-Salem defeats SC State 61-59 Mar 4
- Bethune-Cookman tops Winston-Salem 66-45 Mar 1
- Florida A&M defeats Winston-Salem State 75-61 Feb 27
- Winston-Salem State tops North Carolina A&T 79-74 Feb 22
- Norfolk State defeats Winston-Salem State 74-50 Feb 20
- Winston-Salem defeats Coppin State 70-60 Feb 15
- Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65 Feb 13
- Hampton beats Winston-Salem 55-53 Feb 8
- Winston-Salem holds off Howard 62-58 Feb 6
- Winston-Salem State defeats Ferrum 62-49 Feb 5
- Bethune-Cookman beats Winston-Salem State 74-48 Feb 1
- Florida A&M edges Winston-Salem 75-69 Jan 30