Eastern Kentucky defeats Austin Peay 76-71Jan 5, 2010 - 3:27 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Josh Taylor finished with 19 points to lead Eastern Kentucky to a 76-71 victory over Austin Peay on Monday night.
Taylor also added eight rebounds and four blocks for the Colonels (10-5, 3-1 Ohio Valley Conference), who have won three of their last four.
Anthony Campbell scored 22 points to lead the Governors (8-8, 2-2) and Wes Channels added 17.
Austin Peay struggled from the 3-point arc, making just 1 of 15 attempts from long range (6.7 percent). The Colonels, on the other hand, shot 44.4 percent from 3-point range (12-for-27).
The Governors dominated inside, as they outscored Eastern Kentucky 48-22 in the paint. But Austin Peay suffered from 36.4 percent shooting in the first half (8-for-22), and trailed 41-24 at halftime.
Eastern Kentucky shot 47.2 percent in the game (25-for-53), including 50 percent in the first half (15-for-30).
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14