Mitchell leads LSU over McNeese State 83-60Jan 5, 2010 - 3:09 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Tasmin Mitchell scored 19 points as LSU ended a three-game losing streak with an 83-60 victory against McNeese State on Monday night.
Mitchell, who also grabbed eight rebounds and contributed two assists and two steals, was 8-for-11 from the field. Bo Spencer, who had a season-low four points in Saturday's loss against Utah, added 18 points.
Storm Warren and Aaron Dotson added 10 points each for the Tigers (9-5), who shot a season-best 59.6 percent (31-of-52) from the field and made a season-high 10 3-pointers.
C.J. Collins scored a season-high 12 points to lead the Cowboys (5-9). Leading scorer Diego Kapelan was held to eight points, six below his season average. McNeese State missed 18 of 28 foul shots.
With the Tigers leading 38-35 early in the second half, LSU scored eight points on its next three possessions to take its first double-digit advantage of the game.
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14
- LSU's Mickey declares for NBA Draft Mar 31
- LSU sophomore Martin to enter NBA Draft Mar 25
- NC State stuns LSU on buzzer-beater Mar 20