Lipscomb beats Florida Gulf Coast 89-79Jan 5, 2010 - 4:17 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Johnny Lee and Jordan Burgason scored 22 points each as Lipscomb defeated Florida Gulf Coast 89-79 on Monday night.
Brandon Brown added 20 points for the Bisons (6-7, 3-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have now won two in a row. Josh Slater chipped in with 10 points and seven assists, while Adnan Hodzic contributed 10 points and eight rebounds.
Two free throws from Lee with 8:52 to play in the second half gave Lipscomb a 71-61 lead, their first double-digit advantage. The Eagles (5-8, 2-2) were able to cut the lead to five points, but a quick 7-2 run by the Bisons gave them an 82-72 lead with 2:20 left in the game.
Reed Baker led Florida Gulf Coast with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Anthony Banks added 13, while Kyle Marks scored 12.
The Bisons shot 25-for-49 from the field (51 percent) and dished out 21 assists as a team.
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10