Vanderbilt beats Middle Tennessee 73-53Jan 5, 2010 - 4:26 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jeffery Taylor scored 14 points to lead Vanderbilt to a 73-53 win over Middle Tennessee on Monday night.
It was the fifth straight victory for the Commodores (11-3) and was also head coach Kevin Stallings' 200th victory at Vanderbilt. Stallings, who is 200-131 in his 11th season, trails Roy Skinner (278) for most wins in school history.
Middle Tennessee (7-7) cut the lead to 46-36 with 17:15 to go. But Vanderbilt responded with an 11-2 run that gave the Commodores a 57-38 lead with 11:41 left. The Blue Raiders never got closer than 12 points after that, snapping their four-game winning streak.
John Jenkins scored 13 points, Jermaine Beal had 11 and Festus Ezeli and A.J. Ogilvy each added 10 for Vanderbilt, which begins Southeastern Conference play Saturday at home against Florida.
Desmond Yates scored 14 points and James Washington had 13 for Middle Tennessee.
- New Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew announces his staff Apr 26
- Vanderbilt junior center Damian Jones entering NBA Draft Apr 14
- Bryce Drew wants to be 1st to take Vanderbilt to Final 4 Apr 6
- Vandy sophomore guard Wade Baldwin IV entering NBA draft Apr 5
- Vanderbilt using Fogler, not search firm to find new coach Mar 28
- Stallings gone, Vanderbilt to start search for new coach Mar 27
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- After 17 seasons, Stallings' future at Vanderbilt in doubt Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- Vandy fined $100,000 for storming court after Kentucky game Feb 29
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26