Casey leads Harvard past Santa Clara, 74-66Jan 5, 2010 - 5:50 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Freshman Kyle Casey scored a season-high 27 points and Harvard continued to build on its best season in school history, beating Santa Clara 74-66 on Monday night.
Christian Webster added 15 points for the Crimson (11-3), winners of four in a row and five of six overall.
Marc Trasolini scored 22 points to lead the Broncos (7-8), who lost their fourth in their last five games. Robert Smith had 14 points and Raymond Cowels scored 11 for Santa Clara.
Dee Giger, who had 10 points, hit a 3-pointer with nine minutes remaining to extend Harvard's lead to 53-42.
Santa Clara drew within 67-60 entering the final two minutes but the Crimson pulled away.
Harvard led 32-26 at halftime.
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10