N.J. Tech 32, Boston College 89Jan 6, 2010 - 1:56 AM BOSTON (AP) -- Rakim Sanders scored 21 points, Joe Trapani had 18 and Boston College recovered from a dismal nonconference loss with a 89-32 win over New Jersey Institute of Technology on Tuesday.
It was the fourth victory in five games for the Eagles (10-5), who completed the softer portion of their schedule and resume Atlantic Coast Conference play this week. They travel to Clemson on Saturday and play at No. 5 Duke next Wednesday.
But it was hardly an easy start this season for BC, which lost home games to Harvard, Rhode Island and, recently, Maine - all teams from weaker conferences.
Reggie Jackson added 15 points for BC.
Isaiah Wilkerson and Jheryl Wilson led NJIT (5-10) with 11 points apiece. The Highlanders shot just 23.5 percent.
BC, which shot 60 percent in the opening 20 minutes, led 45-15 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NJIT 14 18 32
BOSTON COLLEGE 45 44 89 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: NJIT - ISAIAH WILKERSON 11, JHERYL WILSON 11,
SAMMY SCHICKEL 5
BOSTON COLLEGE - RAKIM SANDERS 21, JOE TRAPANI 18, REGGIE
Jan 5 8:46 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 45 HALFTIME
Jan 5 7:46 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21
- Irish set sights on Eagles in ACC affair Feb 21
- Miami-Boston College game moved to Monday Feb 15