Texas A&M hammers North Dakota 82-41Jan 6, 2010 - 3:44 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas(AP) -- Texas A&M guard Donald Sloan scored a game-high 19 points as the Aggies doubled up North Dakota 82-41 on Tuesday night.
The Aggies (11-3) leaped to a 14-0 lead before many of the 7,903 fans found their seats. They led 43-22 at halftime on the strength of seven 3-pointers - including 4 of 5 by B.J. Holmes - in the first 20 minutes.
The Aggies finished 12 of 26 (46.2 percent) from the 3-point line, and nearly shot as well from long range as they did the free-throw line (16 of 31 for 51.6 percent). Holmes finished with 15 points, including 5 of 7 from 3-point range.
Derek Benter led the Fighting Sioux (2-14) with 11 points. North Dakota had trouble keeping its cool in the second half of the blowout, as Benter and teammate Patrick Mitchell each picked up technical fouls.
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8
- Texas A&M athletic director Hyman steps down after 4 years Jan 5
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17