Gonzalvez's 3s lead Richmond past Duquesne 80-68Jan 7, 2010 - 2:31 AM By ALAN ROBINSON AP Sports Writer
PITTSBURGH(AP) -- David Gonzalvez and Ryan Butler hurt Duquesne with their 3-point shooting in the second half and Richmond pulled away in the final 13 minutes for an 80-68 victory over the Dukes on Wednesday night.
Gonzalvez made five 3-pointers while scoring 19 points - he moved into 10th place in school career scoring with 1,429 points - and Butler made all three of his 3s in the second half and ended with 14 points.
The Spiders (12-4, 1-0 Atlantic 10 Conference) were 13 of 26 from beyond the arc, 7 of 12 during a second half in which they shot 55.6 percent. Duquesne was only 3 of 20 from 3-point range.
Kevin Anderson added 18 points, including 7 of 8 from the foul line in the second half, after being held to two in the first half. He averages 18.5 points.
Bill Clark led Duquesne (9-6, 0-1) with 18 points.
- NCAA BB
DUQUESNE 68 FINAL
Jan 6 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
DUQUESNE 36 HALFTIME
Jan 6 7:53 PM
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17