Chattanooga beats Georgia Southern 75-63Jan 7, 2010 - 3:10 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Ty Patterson scored a career-high 25 points and Josh Odem also set a career best with 22 points, leading Chattanooga over Georgia Southern 75-63 on Wednesday night.
Patterson also set a career high for 3-pointers made, hitting 7 of 9 from long range for the Mocs (9-6, 1-1 Southern Conference), who have won four in a row. Odem tied his career high of four 3-pointers, going a perfect 4-for-4 from beyond the arc.
The Mocs finished 14-for-23 from 3-point range (60.9 percent), while the Eagles were just 7-for-25 (28 percent).
Chattanooga jumped out to a 32-18 halftime lead and never looked back, holding on despite being outscored 45-43 by the Eagles in the second half.
Willie Powers scored 25 points to lead the Eagles (3-13, 0-3), who have lost nine straight.
The Mocs own a 28-14 all-time series lead against Georgia Southern.
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 63 FINAL
Jan 6 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 18 HALFTIME
Jan 6 7:56 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1