Ohio hits 3-pointer at buzzer to edge IUPUI 63-62Jan 7, 2010 - 3:05 AM INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- Armon Bassett scored 14 points and hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to help Ohio nip IUPUI 63-62 Wednesday night.
The Bobcats (9-5) rallied after trailing 61-56 with 56 seconds to play. A dunk by Ivo Baltic and two free throws by Jay Kinney pulled Ohio to within one with 32 seconds remaining.
Billy Pettiford then hit the second of two free throws with 4 seconds left to give the Jaguars (10-7) a 62-60 advantage, but it wasn't enough.
D.J. Cooper took the inbounds pass, dribbled up the court through IUPUI's defense and into the lane before passing off to Bassett, who was wide open in the corner.
Kinney finished with 12 points, and Cooper had nine assists.
Robert Glenn finished with 20 points and Alex Young had 14 for the Jaguars.
The game was tied 21-21 at halftime and featured seven ties and six lead changes.
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30
- No. 5 Michigan stomps IUPUI Nov 13
- Wolverines take on Jaguars in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 12
- Christian leaves TCU for Ohio U Apr 3