Uzoh leads Tulsa to 73-59 victory over TulaneJan 7, 2010 - 3:42 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Ben Uzoh scored 20 points and Tulsa held Tulane to 31 percent shooting in a ragged 73-59 victory Wednesday night.
Justin Hurtt had 14 points, Jerome Jordan finished with 12 points and nine rebounds and Bryson Pope added 12 points for the Golden Hurricane (11-3) in their Conference USA opener.
Asim McQueen scored 16 for the Green Wave (5-9, 0-1). Kevin Sims and David Booker added 12 points each for Tulane, which was 18 of 58 from the field and 2 of 14 from 3-point range.
Tulsa outrebounded Tulane 44-29 to overcome 16 turnovers and 11 missed free throws.
Tulsa closed the first half on a 17-4 run spurred by Uzoh's driving and the inside presence of Steven Idlet to take a 39-24 lead.
The closest the Green Wave came in the second half was 52-41. Tulsa pushed the lead to 20, 69-49, with 3:47 left.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TULANE 25 34 59
TULSA 39 34 73 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: TULANE - ASIM MCQUEEN 16, DAVID BOOKER 12,
KEVIN SIMS 12
TULSA - BEN UZOH 20, JUSTIN HURTT 14, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 12
Jan 6 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
TULSA 39 HALFTIME
Jan 6 8:54 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Tulane's Dunleavy explains decision to try college now Mar 29
- Ex-NBA coach Dunleavy Sr. takes first college job at Tulane Mar 28
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tulane AD: Ed Conroy out as Tulane men's basketball coach Mar 14
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- St. John's buries Tulane to continue roll Dec 28
- Tulane challenges No. 17 St. John's Dec 28
- No. 13 UW pulls away from Tulane Dec 23