Ohio State beats Indiana 79-54Jan 7, 2010 - 3:51 AM By RUSTY MILLER AP Sports Writer
COLUMBUS, Ohio(AP) -- Jon Diebler scored 21 points and Evan Turner returned early from an injury to give Ohio State a boost in a 79-54 victory over Indiana on Wednesday night.
Turner played his first game since breaking two bones in his lower back while dunking during the Buckeyes' Dec. 5 victory over Eastern Michigan. The original prognosis was that he would be out eight weeks, but he was back in 4 1/2 weeks. He had eight points, five assists and five rebounds in 19 minutes for the Buckeyes (11-4, 1-2 Big Ten), who had lost their first two Big Ten games on the road without Turner.
William Buford added 16 points for Ohio State.
Verdell Jones III had 22 points and Christian Watford 11 for the Hoosiers (7-7, 1-1), playing their first game on an opposing team's home court this season.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
INDIANA 20 34 54
OHIO STATE 38 41 79 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: INDIANA - VERDELL JONES III 22, CHRISTIAN WATFORD
11, DEVAN DUMES 6
OHIO STATE - JON DIEBLER 21, WILLIAM BUFORD 16,
P.J. HILL 9
Jan 6 10:36 PM
- NCAA BB
OHIO ST 38 HALFTIME
Jan 6 9:28 PM
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- 3 freshman leave Ohio State basketball team Mar 30
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Indiana prepares for Chattanooga, No. 12 seed pressure Mar 16