Cleveland State defeats Loyola 62-57Jan 8, 2010 - 3:22 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Norris Cole scored 20 points and Jeremy Montgomery hit four free throws in the final 27 seconds to lift Cleveland State to a 62-57 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Thursday night.
Cole and Montgomery combined to hit six of the Vikings' nine 3-pointers in a game that featured five ties and 10 lead changes. It was the second straight victory for Cleveland State (6-10, 2-2 Horizon League).
Andy Polka hit a layup to give Loyola of Chicago a 55-52 lead with 1:36 to play, but Trevon Harman's 3-pointer tied the score at 55.
Cole, who led Cleveland State with 20 points, converted a three-point play and Montgomery went 4-for-4 from the line to hold off the Ramblers (11-4, 2-4).
Montgomery finished with 15 points and D'Aundray Brown added 14 for the Vikings.
Walt Gibler and Terrance Hill led the Ramblers with 13 points each. Aric Van Weelden added 11 points.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 57
CLEVELAND ST 62 FINAL
Jan 7 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 24
CLEVELAND ST 27 HALFTIME
Jan 7 7:55 PM
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11
- Shockers and Ramblers mix it up in MVC action Jan 11