Xavier 68, La Salle 62Jan 8, 2010 - 2:36 AM PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored 22 points to lead Xavier to a 68-62 victory over La Salle on Thursday night in the Atlantic 10 Conference opener for both teams.
Crawford, the Atlantic 10's leading scorer at 19.2 points entering the game, was 6-for-18 from the field, but went 9-for-9 from the line and converted a three-point play to give the Musketeers (9-5) a 66-62 lead with 1:42 to play.
Terrell Holloway's two free throws with 24 seconds left sealed the victory over Xavier, which held La Salle (7-7) scoreless for the final 2:03.
Xavier led 54-34 with 13:10 remaining, but the Explorers went on a 20-2 run to cut the lead to 56-54 on Yves Mekongo's layup with 6:49 left. La Salle tied the score three times in the next 4 minutes, but couldn't pull ahead.
Jason Love added 11 points for Xavier.
Rodney Green scored 20 points, Kimmani Barrett 11 and Mekongo 10 for La Salle.
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 62 FINAL
Jan 7 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 26 HALFTIME
Jan 7 7:55 PM
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1
- Arizona pulls away from Xavier to set up Elite Eight rematch Mar 27
- Arizona and Xavier collide in Sweet 16 Mar 26