Eackles, Oakland, Mich., top Oral Roberts 67-64Jan 8, 2010 - 3:31 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Ledrick Eackles scored seven of his 12 points in the final 1:50 to help Oakland, Mich., outlast Oral Roberts 67-64 on Thursday night.
Eackles' only 3-pointer gave Oakland a 58-54 lead after the Golden Grizzlies (10-7, 4-0 Summit League) had seen nearly all of an 11-point lead slip away in a 7-minute stretch.
Eackles added two free throws with 26 seconds remaining and a layup with 12 seconds left for a 66-61 lead.
Dominique Morrison, who led the Golden Eagles (8-8, 3-2) with 19 points, sank a 3-pointer with 6.6 seconds remaining to cut the deficit to 66-64.
Oakland's Larry Wright was fouled on the inbound pass and made 1 of 2 free throws. Oral Roberts' Kyron Stokes then missed a 22-foot shot that would have tied the game as time expired.
Johnathon Jones led Oakland, which led 35-33 at halftime, with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 64 FINAL
Jan 7 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 33 HALFTIME
Jan 7 8:59 PM
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15