Jacksonville State beats Eastern Kentucky 68-65Jan 8, 2010 - 2:14 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Stephen Hall scored 18 points and Trenton Marshall added 17 to help Jacksonville State defeat Eastern Kentucky 68-65 on Thursday night.
The Gamecocks (11-5, 4-1 Ohio Valley Conference) led by as many as 27-15 with 6:04 left in the first half. But Eastern Kentucky (5-9, 1-3) pulled within 31-27 at halftime on a 3-pointer by Justin Stommes with 49 seconds left.
The Colonels opened the second half with five straight to lead for the first time at 32-31 on Stommes' three-point play 55 seconds into the half.
Eastern Kentucky led by as many as 54-48 on Joshua Jones' 3 with 7:44 to go. But Jacksonville State answered with a 9-2 run. Marshall's jumper capped the run with 3:26 left to put the Gamecocks ahead for good at 57-56.
The Gamecocks shot 55 percent from the field (22 of 40) to snap a two-game losing streak.
Stommes finished with 20 points for Eastern Kentucky.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8