Southern Utah downs North Dakota State 85-79 in OTJan 8, 2010 - 5:11 AM CEDAR CITY, Utah(AP) -- Davis Baker scored a career-best 34 points to pace Southern Utah to an 85-79 overtime victory against North Dakota State on Thursday night.
Baker made 13 of 23 shots, and his 3-point shooting was deadly. He hit 6 for 7 from long range, including two in overtime, to lead the Thunderbirds (5-10, 1-3 Summit League). Matt Hodgson added 12 points for Southern Utah, which had lost eight of its last nine.
Josh Vaughan scored a career-high 28 to pace the Bison (5-9, 2-3), who led 63-56 with 5:40 left. Michael Tveidt added 19 points and Eric Carlson 11.
Southern Utah scored seven straight points and then went ahead 65-64 on Scott Friel's basket with 4:04 to play. It was tied 69-69 after regulation.
The Thunderbirds went 6 for 6 from the line in the final 1:24 of overtime to hold off the Bison, who have lost five of six.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 79
SOUTHERN UTAH 85 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 7 11:03 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 30
SOUTHERN UTAH 39 HALFTIME
Jan 7 9:42 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15