Northern Colorado tops Weber State 84-75Jan 8, 2010 - 4:10 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Devon Beitzel scored 25 points leading Northern Colorado to a 84-75 victory over Weber State Thursday night.
Taylor Montgomery added a career-high 19 points and Will Figures had 14 for Northern Colorado (14-3, 3-1 Big Sky). Figures became just the third player in school history to score 1,000 points in Division I and the 13th overall.
The Bears are off to their best start since beginning 17-2 in 1966-67.
Damian Lillard led Weber State (9-7, 3-1) with 15 points
The Wildcats won 15 straight regular-season conference games and 10 straight conference road victories before the loss.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17