Washington State edges Arizona 78-76 at buzzerJan 9, 2010 - 4:16 AM TUCSON, Ariz.(AP) -- DeAngelo Casto hit a twisting layup with 0.1 seconds left to give Washington State a 78-76 victory over Arizona on Friday night.
The Cougars set up the last shot after Arizona freshman Solomon Hill tipped in a missed shot by Nic Wise to make it 76-76 with 13 seconds left.
Freshman Reggie Moore scored 20 points to lead the Cougars (12-3, 2-1 Pac-10). Casto finished with 16 points and nine rebounds.
Wise led Arizona (7-8, 1-2) with 15 points.
Washington State took a 74-67 lead with 2:19 left when Nikola Koprivica hit a 3-pointer with no time left on the shot clock.
After the Wildcats cut it to 75-71, freshman Kevin Parrom hit his first 3-pointer of the season to make it 75-74 with 32.4 seconds to go.
Moore then hit 1 of 2 free throws before Hill tied it.
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 78
ARIZONA 76 FINAL
Jan 8 10:35 PM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 35
ARIZONA 35 HALFTIME
Jan 8 9:19 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12