Jacksonville defeats Stetson 80-70Jan 9, 2010 - 2:58 AM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 10 of his 23 points in the final 3:58 to lead Jacksonville past Stetson 80-70 on Friday night.
Smith, who has scored 20 or more in six straight games, was 12 of 13 from the free throw line.
Travis Cohn added 13 points and Glenn Powell and Tevin Galvin scored 11 each for the Dolphins (5-8, 2-3 Atlantic Sun Conference).
Jacksonville led 35-30 at halftime after holding the Hatters to 25.9 percent in the first half (7 of 27), including missing 11 straight shots to open the game.
A.J. Smith, who finished with 21 points, made Stetson's first field goal with 9:17 left in the first half to pull the Hatters (3-10, 1-4) within 21-13.
Smith, who scored 11 points in the first 11 minutes of the second half, gave Stetson a 48-46 lead on a layup with 9:56 left.
Jacksonville, however, reclaimed the lead for good, 61-59, on Cohn's layup with 4:48 remaining.
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Indiana dominates Jacksonville Dec 29