James Madison beats Towson 69-66Jan 9, 2010 - 9:38 PM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Ben Louis hit a 3-pointer with 2 seconds remaining and James Madison beat Towson 69-66 on Saturday.
Julius Wells scored 23 points, his third straight game with at least 20, for the Dukes (8-7, 2-3 Colonial Athletic Association). Denzel Bowles had 21 points, and Darren White and Louis each added 10.
The Dukes led 56-45 with 9:47 to play before Towson went on a 13-0 run to take a 58-56 lead with 5:58 remaining on a jumper by Isaiah Philmore. The game was tied four times down the stretch before Louis hit the game-winning shot.
Tony Franklin hit a jumper with 1:54 to play to put Towson ahead 66-64. Bowles tied the game on a dunk 18 seconds later and Towson missed two shots to take the lead in the final 1:19.
Robert Nwankwo had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers (3-11, 0-5), who have lost six straight. Jarrel Smith added 13 points and Calvin Lee had 12.
- NCAA BB
JMU 69 FINAL
Jan 9 3:50 PM
- NCAA BB
JMU 34 HALFTIME
Jan 9 2:55 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Ferrell fuels Hoosiers in rout of James Madison Mar 22