N.C.-Wilmington 46, George Mason 59Jan 9, 2010 - 11:27 PM FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) -- Mike Morrison had 15 points as George Mason held off a late rally by North Carolina-Wilmington for a 59-46 victory on Saturday.
Morrison and Ryan Pearson (13 points) shot a combined 10-for-12 from the field as the Patriots (9-7, 4-1 Colonial Athletic Association) continually went inside against the Seahawks (6-9, 2-3), scoring 38 points in the paint.
The win was the 14th straight at home against a conference opponent for George Mason, which kept pace with four other teams atop the CAA standings.
UNC-Wilmington used an 11-0 run to get back in the game early in the second half and drew to within 48-43 with just over 5 minutes to play.
The Seahawks were not able to overcome two stretches totaling 18 minutes without a field goal, one in first half and the other extending into the second.
Ahmad Grant was the Seahawks' lone player in double figures, scoring 10 points.
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11