Janning leads Northeastern past Georgia St. 66-54Jan 9, 2010 - 8:38 PM ATLANTA(AP) -- Matt Janning scored 23 points to lead Northeastern to a 66-54 win over Georgia State on Saturday.
Chaisson Allen added 13 points, Manny Adako had 11 and Nkem Ojougboh grabbed 11 rebounds for the Huskies (9-7, 4-1 Colonial Athletic Association). Northeastern increased its winning streak to seven games.
Allen knocked down three 3-pointers and Janning hit two for the Huskies, who finished 6-for-16 from long range (37.5 percent).
The Panthers were just 2-for-8 from 3-point range (25 percent).
The Huskies led by just two points at halftime, opened the second half on a 16-3 run and never looked back.
Joe Dukes scored 15 points and Xavier Hansbro had 13 for the Panthers (8-9, 2-3), who have lost three straight.
Northeastern scored 16 second-chance points compared to just four for the Panthers, and knocked down 16 of 22 foul shots (72.7 percent).
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 54 FINAL
Jan 9 1:59 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 22 HALFTIME
Jan 9 12:51 PM
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9