Morgan State rolls to easy 90-58 win over HowardJan 10, 2010 - 12:25 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 22 points and DeWayne Jackson added 19 off the bench to lead Morgan State to an easy 90-58 win over Howard on Saturday.
The Bears (9-7, 2-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) snapped a two-game skid, with Holmes scoring 14 points in the first half en route to a 45-30 lead.
Morgan State, the defending MEAC champs and preseason favorite, outshot the Bison from the field 52.9 percent (37-for-70) to 34.6 percent (18-for-52) and also took a 42-31 rebounding edge.
Howard, coming off a 72-65 win over Navy that snapped the Bison's five-game losing streak, scored the first three points of the game but fell behind 6-5 with 17:27 left in the first half.
Calvin Thompson scored 11 of his 16 points in the second half for the Bison (2-14, 1-1), who have lost seven straight to the Bears. Curtis White added 14 points, shooting 4-for-5 from 3-point range.
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Morgan State places Bozeman on leave Jan 9
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30
- Kansas welcomes Howard to Lawrence Dec 29
- Indiana thumps Howard Dec 19