William & Mary cruises past Drexel 73-48Jan 10, 2010 - 12:05 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Quinn McDowell scored 20 points and David Schneider added 19 as William & Mary routed Drexel 73-48 on Saturday.
The Tribe (12-3, 4-1 Colonial Athletic Association), whose four previous conference games had been decided by a point, overcame a five-point first-half deficit against the cold-shooting Dragons (8-9, 3-2), snapping Drexel's two-game winning streak.
The Dragons, who entered the game tied with William & Mary for first place in the CAA, had their second-lowest point total this season behind an 88-44 loss at Kentucky.
Trailing 17-12 with 12:01 left in the first half, the Tribe held Drexel scoreless until Daryl McCoy's free throw at the 5:44 mark and led 28-24 at halftime.
The Dragons, who shot 24.1 percent from the field (14-for-58), made one basket in the first 12:38 of the second half as the Tribe pulled ahead 49-34.
Gerald Colds led Drexel with 15 points.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27