Siena wins sixth straight, beats Niagara 83-65Jan 9, 2010 - 9:00 PM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Edwin Ubiles scored 25 points and Siena defeated Niagara 83-65 on Saturday in a rematch of the 2009 Metro Atlantic Athletic championship.
Alex Franklin added 20 points and Ryan Rossiter tallied 15 points and 12 rebounds in the Saints' sixth straight win.
Siena (12-4, 5-0) held the Purple Eagles (10-7, 3-2) to 23.5 percent shooting (8 of 34) to outscore them 41-24 in the second half.
Leading 42-41 at halftime, the Saints opened the second half on a 9-2 run to lead 51-43 on Ubiles' jump shot with 15:25 left to play.
Ronald Moore, who leads the nation with 8.7 assists per game, had seven against the Purple Eagles and Siena scored 22 points off 16 Niagara turnovers.
The Saints extended the nation's third-longest home win steak to 29 games.
Tyrone Lewis scored 21 points for the Purple Eagles to move to No. 10 on Niagara's all-time scoring list with 1,607.
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3