Saint Louis grabs 63-58 home win over RichmondJan 10, 2010 - 12:37 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Cody Ellis sank a pair of free throws with 39 seconds left to give Saint Louis the go-ahead lead in a 63-58 win over Richmond on Saturday.
Ellis finished with 10 points for the Billikens (10-5, 1-0 Atlantic), while teammate Kwamain Mitchell led the game in scoring with 16 points.
The Spiders (12-5, 1-1) had a one-point lead with a little more than six minutes to go, but Mitchell quickly hit a 3-pointer and made a layup to give the Billikens a small advantage.
The Spiders' David Gonzalvez, who finished with 13 points, then made a layup with less than two minutes to go to tie things at 58.
But Ellis put in the two free throws, sank another a short time later and watched teammate Christian Salecich make two of his own to guarantee the win for Saint Louis.
Brian Conklin added 12 points for the Billikens, and Kevin Anderson picked up another 13 for the Spiders.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 63 FINAL
Jan 9 7:02 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 33 HALFTIME
Jan 9 5:54 PM
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23