Harvard beats Dartmouth 79-48 in Ivy League openerJan 9, 2010 - 10:30 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Keith Wright scored 22 points and Harvard won its fifth straight, 79-48 over Dartmouth on Saturday in the Ivy League opener for both teams.
Christian Webster added 12 points and Jeremy Lin had 11 points, six steals and five assists for the Crimson (12-3).
The game was the first for Dartmouth without coach Terry Dunn, who resigned Friday. Dunn, who was in his sixth season, led the Big Green (3-11) to a win over Bucknell on Monday that snapped a four-game losing streak. Three assistant coaches handled Saturday's game and an interim coach is expected to be announced next week.
Harvard led 40-31 with 16:14 to play, the last time the lead was in single digits. Harvard outscored Dartmouth 36-16 the rest of the way and built its largest lead at 75-43 with 2:29 to play on a layup by Webster.
Ronnie Dixon, Dartmouth's only player in double figures, had 12 points.
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 76 FINAL
Jan 9 3:54 PM
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 38 HALFTIME
Jan 9 3:04 PM
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15
- No. 25 Harvard hosts MIT in season lid lifter Nov 14
- Michigan State moves on with win over Harvard Mar 23