Missouri State breezes past Bradley 88-69Jan 9, 2010 - 10:43 PM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Kyle Weems scored 30 points, including 24 in the first half, to lead Missouri State to an 88-69 win over Bradley University Saturday.
Weems took Bradley apart in the first half, hitting 9-of-13 from the field, including 4-of-6 from the 3-point line. Weems scored 20 of Missouri State's first 22 points.
Before he was finished, Weems, who played just 22 minutes in the game because of second-half foul trouble, led Missouri State (13-3, 3-2 Missouri Valley) to a 52-41 halftime lead.
Bradley (7-8, 2-3) watched Missouri State increase its lead in the second half when the Bears went on a 17-9 run in the first 7:56 to lead 69-50.
Back-to-back 3-pointers by Weems and Nafis Ricks gave Missouri State a 75-55 lead with 10:19 left.
Consecutive baskets by Will Creekmore, Adam Leonard and Justin Fuehrmeyer gave Missouri State its largest lead of 81-57 with 7:48 left.
Missouri State scored 24 second-chance points and 13 off Bradley turnovers. The Bears outrebounded Bradley 41-27. Missouri State shot 46.8 percent from the field to 38.8 percent by Bradley.
Ricks finished with 15 for Missouri State. Jermaine Mallett and Leonard added 11.
Andrew Warren led Bradley with 16 points. Sam Maniscalco and Taylor Brown each had 12 and Will Egolf added 11.
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21