Hoffarber leads Minnesota over Ohio State 73-62Jan 9, 2010 - 10:53 PM By DAVE CAMPBELL AP Sports Writer
MINNEAPOLIS(AP) -- Blake Hoffarber scored a career-high 27 points, with six 3-pointers in the second half, to lead Minnesota to a 73-62 victory over Ohio State on Saturday.
Lawrence Westbrook added 15 points for the Gophers (12-4, 3-1 Big Ten), who bounced back in a big way from a 79-60 defeat at fourth-ranked Purdue earlier in the week. Hoffarber, the conference's leading 3-point shooter at better than 50 percent, had only three points in that game.
Evan Turner got going in the second half and gave the Buckeyes (11-5, 1-3) 19 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in his second game back after missing more than four weeks while broken bones in his back healed.
The rest of the Buckeyes had some trouble yet again on the road. David Lighty had 15 points, but he fouled out. Dallas Lauderdale managed only two points and missed 3 of 5 free throws.
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' May 12
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach May 11
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player May 10
- Minnesota: Basketball player arrested on sex assault charge May 8
- Guard Akeem Springs joins Minnesota as graduate transfer Apr 19
- Minnesota guard to transfer after sex video suspension Apr 4
- 3 freshman leave Ohio State basketball team Mar 30
- 3 Minnesota players suspended for video are reinstated Mar 29
- Despite dismal season, Pitino exudes optimism for future Mar 10
- Pitino to assess status of 3 suspended players after season Mar 8
- Suspended Minnesota player reported theft of phone to police Mar 3
- Minnesota's Pitino suspends 3 players for rest of season Mar 1