Northern Iowa defeats Illinois State 59-44Jan 9, 2010 - 11:26 PM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Jordan Eglseder scored 16 points to lead Northern Iowa to a 59-44 victory over Illinois State Saturday.
Adam Koch had 15 points and Kwadzo Ahelegbe 13 for the Panthers (14-1, 5-0) in the Missouri Valley Conference game. Eglseder also had a team-high eight rebounds.
Alex Rubin had 13 points to lead the Redbirds (12-4, 3-2) while Dinma Odiakosa had 10 points and 14 rebounds. Osiris Eldridge also had 10 points for Illinois State.
Northern Iowa took the lead for good at 14-13 and, helped by a 9-0 run later in the first half, led 32-20 at intermission.
The Panthers held at least a nine-point lead throughout the second half and led by as many as 19.
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8