Charleston Southern 77, N.C.-Asheville 74Jan 10, 2010 - 12:48 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Jeremy Sexton's 3-pointer with 31 seconds to play in overtime lifted Charleston Southern to a 77-74 victory over North Carolina-Asheville on Saturday.
The Bulldogs took a 74-73 lead on J.P. Primm's jumper with 53 seconds left, but Sexton took a pass from Jo'el Lamb and hit his third 3-pointer of the game to finish with 18 points for Charleston Southern (8-8, 2-3 Big South Conference).
There were two ties and six lead changes in overtime.
Charleston Southern's largest lead was five points and UNC-Asheville (3-12, 1-4), which has lost six straight games, didn't lead by more than nine.
Jamarco Warren led Charleston Southern with 23 points, going 5-for-10 from 3-point range. Kelvin Martin added 21 points for the Buccaneers.
Primm finished with 16 points, D.J. Cunningham had 15 points and 15 rebounds, and John Williams added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 77
UNC ASHEVILLE 74 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 9 6:46 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 63
UNC ASHEVILLE 63 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 9 6:28 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 29
UNC ASHEVILLE 27 HALFTIME
Jan 9 5:23 PM
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10