Robert Morris beats St. Francis, NY 67-63Jan 10, 2010 - 12:48 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Mezie Nwigwe scored 13 points and Dallas Green added 12, helping Robert Morris hold off St. Francis (N.Y.) 67-63 on Saturday.
The Colonials (8-8, 3-1 Northeast Conference) jumped ahead early, took a 21-point halftime lead and held on in the second half despite being outscored by the Terriers 43-26.
Robert Morris hit just five field goals in the second half, but sank 16 free throws in the frame and finished the game 24-for-33 from the line (72.7 percent).
The Colonials finished 43.5 percent from the floor (20-for-46), compared to 38.3 percent (18-for-47) for the Terriers.
Ricky Cadell scored a season-high 29 points and tied a career-high with seven rebounds to lead the Terriers (4-9, 2-2). He also tied a season high with five 3-pointers for the Terriers, who finished 10-for-24 from long range (41.7 percent).
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 67
ST FRANCIS NY 63 FINAL
Jan 9 6:43 PM
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 41
ST FRANCIS NY 20 HALFTIME
Jan 9 5:23 PM
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11