Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 78-71Jan 10, 2010 - 2:02 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried had 16 points and 13 rebounds and Morehead State beat Jacksonville State 78-71 for its sixth straight victory.
Maze Stallworth added 15 points, Demonte Harper had 13 points - all in the second half- and Steve Peterson scored 12 for the Eagles (10-6, 5-1 Ohio Valley Conference), who snapped a four-game losing streak in Jacksonville.
It was the 10th double-double for Faried and Harper scored in double figures for the 14th time.
A 3-pointer by Stallworth with 8:22 remaining in the first half gave the Eagles the lead for good at 24-23. The Eagles led 67-65 with 3:37 to play and closed out the game on a 13-6 run.
Trenton Marshall had 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Gamecocks (6-9, 2-3), who lost for the fifth time in six games. Nick Murphy added 16 points, and Jeremy Bynum and Stephen Hall each had 12.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23