Avworo's layup lifts Navy past Bucknell 69-67Jan 10, 2010 - 3:42 AM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- O.J. Avworo made a go-ahead layup with 1:02 left to lift Navy to a 69-67 win over Bucknell on Saturday night in the Patriot League opener for both teams.
A turnover by Bucknell's Darryl Shazier and Bryson Johnson's 3-point missed helped preserve the victory for the Midshipmen (7-9).
Harris led Navy with 15 points. Romeo Garcia, Jeremy Wilson and Greg Brown each finished with 10 points.
The Bison (5-12) held a 67-66 lead with 1:25 to play on Johnson's 3. But Avworo, who finished with four points on 2 of 8 shooting, drove down the left side of the lane and flipped in a tough shot off the glass for the go-ahead score.
Bucknell's Chris Harris hit a free throw with 3 seconds left for the final margin.
Johnson scored a game-high 18 points for Bucknell. Mike Muscala had 16 points, eight rebounds and seven blocked shots. Patrick Behan finished with 10 points.
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 67 FINAL
Jan 9 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 34 HALFTIME
Jan 9 7:45 PM
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13