Eastern Illinois rolls by Southeast Missouri 88-68Jan 9, 2010 - 7:55 PM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Laser scored 20 points to pace Eastern Illinois to an 88-68 victory over Southeast Missouri on Saturday.
Ousmane Cisse added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Panthers (10-5, 4-1 Ohio Valley), who won their third in a row.
Cameron Butler scored 17 points for the Redhawks (5-10, 2-3). Marland Smith had 15 and Anthony Allison 12. Lamont Russell grabbed a game-best 13 rebounds.
Eastern Illinois enjoyed a decided shooting advantage, hitting 32 of 65 (49.2 percent) to 25 of 62 (40.3 percent) for Southeast Missouri. The Panthers also held a 42-35 rebounding edge.
Eastern Illinois' lead had already reached double digits at 22-10 on Romain Martin's 3-pointer just 9:20 into the game. Cisse's layup with 3:03 left made it 43-23, and the Panthers led 49-29 at intermission.
The lead crested at 29 when Matt Dorlack scored to put the Panthers ahead 72-43 with 9:55 remaining.
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 68
EASTRN ILLINOIS 88 FINAL
Jan 9 1:56 PM
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 29
EASTRN ILLINOIS 49 HALFTIME
Jan 9 12:48 PM
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16
- Racers and Redhawks duke it out in OVC action Feb 15