Coastal Carolina defeats Gardner-Webb 80-64Jan 10, 2010 - 2:44 AM BOILING SPRINGS N.C.(AP) -- Chad Gray scored 18 points to help Coastal Carolina defeat Gardner-Webb 80-64 on Saturday night.
Joseph Harris added a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds and Kierre Greenwood scored 17 points as the Chanticleers (16-2, 6-0 Big South) won their 12th straight.
Coastal Carolina used a 7-4 run to take a 31-25 lead on Chad Gray's free throw with 5:18 to play in the first half.
The Chanticleers, who led 38-35 at halftime, opened the second half on a 13-6 run. Logan Johnson's layup put Coastal Carolina up 51-41 with 15:06 remaining.
Logan Johnson added 11 points for the Chanticleers, which improved to 6-0 in the Big south for the first time since 1990-91. The six victories also gave Coastal Carolina one more conference win than it had last season.
Jonathan Moore scored 19 points for the Runnin' Bulldogs (4-11, 1-4) and Anton Silver added 14.
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16