3 players boost Tulsa over Houston 86-80Jan 10, 2010 - 3:16 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Three Tulsa players - Ben Uzoh, Justin Hurtt and Jerome Jordan - combined to score 60 points and lead their team to an 86-80 win over Houston on Saturday night.
Uzoh led the Hurricanes (12-3, 2-0 Conference USA) with 21 points, while Hurtt scored 20 and Jordan added 19. It was the eighth time this season Uzoh put in more than 20 points.
After trailing at halftime, the Cougars (8-7, 1-1) tied the score at 46 early in the second period with a layup by Kelvin Lewis, who finished with 12 points.
But the Hurricanes held the advantage after that, pulling ahead by as many as eight points in the final minutes.
The Cougars' Aubrey Coleman led the game in scoring with 25 points, while Maurice McNeil picked up 10. Houston forced 20 Hurricane turnovers and turned them into 27 points.
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON 80 FINAL
Jan 9 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON 39 HALFTIME
Jan 9 7:52 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Mississippi State suspends F Demetrius Houston indefinitely Nov 17
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- SMU gets past Houston Feb 12
- Mustangs and Cougars clash in AAC action Feb 12
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Sooners roll over sputtering Tulsa Dec 13
- Rivals collide as Oklahoma takes on Tulsa Dec 13
- No. 9 Wichita State routs Tulsa Nov 30