Rozzell's 19 lead VCU past Delaware, 77-64Jan 9, 2010 - 9:21 PM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Brandon Rozzell scored a career-high 19 points and Virginia Commonwealth used an 18-6 run early in the second half to beat Delaware 77-64 on Saturday.
The Rams (10-4, 2-3 Colonial Athletic Association) led 41-38 at halftime and extended their advantage to 59-44 to start the second half. Bradford Burgess had seven of his 12 second-half points in the run, which ended with 9:40 to play.
Delaware (5-11, 1-4) lost its 14th consecutive conference road game. The Blue Hens were led by Jawan Carter with 22 points, but just six after halftime.
Delaware missed 13 of its first 15 shots in the second half as the Rams pulled away.
- NCAA BB
VA COMMONWEALTH 77 FINAL
Jan 9 4:06 PM
- NCAA BB
VA COMMONWEALTH 41 HALFTIME
Jan 9 2:58 PM
- Things looking more normal for Wade in Year 2 at VCU May 13
- VCU announces sophomore F Michael Gilmore is transferring May 3
- VCU restructures, extends contract of men's hoops coach Wade Mar 29
- Oklahoma faces another dangerous double-digit seed in VCU Mar 19
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- VCU hoping to find winning formula again in NCAA Tournament Mar 16
- VCU seeking another shot at A10 Tournament championship Mar 9
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak Feb 5
- VCU coach Will Wade says surging Rams can't get complacent Jan 21
- Broken finger likely to sideline VCU's Burgess 'a few weeks' Jan 11
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24