Florida A&M beats NC A&T 70-66Jan 10, 2010 - 3:49 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Brandon Bryant scored 19 points as Florida A&M defeated North Carolina A&T 70-66 on Saturday night, giving the Rattlers their first Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference win of the season.
Larry Jackson added 14 points and Yannick Crowder had 13 for the Rattlers (3-11, 1-1), who have won three of their last four games since opening the season on a 10-game losing skid. Jackson and Christopher Walker led the Rattlers with eight rebounds apiece.
Florida A&M led by three points at halftime and did just enough to seal the win in the second half, outscoring the Aggies 43-42.
Thomas Coleman recorded a double-double for the Aggies (5-10, 1-1), scoring 19 points and pulling down 11 rebounds. Tavarus Alston added 14 points and Dwane Joshua had 10.
The Rattlers capitalized on 18 North Carolina A&T turnovers en route to victory.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18