Forest's 24 leads SE Louisiana past Lamar 78-56Jan 9, 2010 - 11:48 PM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Damon Forest scored 24 points, hitting four 3-pointers, to lead Southeastern Louisiana to a 78-56 rout against Lamar on Saturday in the Southland Conference opener for both teams.
Patrick Sullivan finished with 14 points, Trent Hutchin had 13 and Robert Tibbs added 10 for the Lions (9-5, 1-0). Deshawn Patterson dished out 11 assists.
Southeastern Louisiana pulled away early as the Cardinals (8-8, 0-1) fell behind by 12 points on Forest's 3-pointer with 11:49 left in the first half.
The Lions went into halftime with a 41-24 lead, pulling ahead by 29 points - their largest of the game - late in the second half.
Justin Nabors led Lamar with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Kendrick Harris had 10 points.
Southeastern Louisiana shot 61 percent from the floor (31-for-51), holding the Cardinals to 35 percent (18-for-52).
Lamar had its four-game winning streak snapped.
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11