Pepperdine rallies past Loyola Marymount, 79-75Jan 10, 2010 - 6:08 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Mychel Thompson scored 22 points, and Pepperdine opened the second half with a 23-4 run in a 79-75 comeback victory over Loyola Marymount on Saturday night in the West Coast Conference opener for both schools.
The Lions (9-8) led by as many as 17 points in the first half and 38-25 at halftime, but Pepperdine (5-12) pulled ahead 48-42 with less than 13 minutes to play.
Thompson had a career-high six 3-pointers on seven attempts. The Waves connected on a season-high 14 3s, including 9 of 12 in the second half.
Jonathan Dupre' hit a 3-pointer with 2 minutes remaining to give Pepperdine the lead for good at 67-65. After missing their first five foul shots of the game, the Waves hit nine of 12 in the final 2 minutes.
Vernon Teel led Loyola Marymount with 17 points.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 75
PEPPERDINE 79 FINAL
Jan 10 12:04 AM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 38
PEPPERDINE 25 HALFTIME
Jan 9 10:50 PM
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23